Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

hi this is george from georgiaand i was wondering if my wife

hi this is george from georgiaand i was wondering if my wife are filling uncontested devorce and we agree on an amount for child support can the state make me pay there adjusted amount like is it a mandatory amount even if u and your spouse agree on less
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.

The short answer is yes, the court can make you pay more even if you agree. If both you and your spouse agree on the amount of child support to be paid, it could help avoid a lengthy litigation process. However, even though you may agree on the amount of child support, the court has the right to throw your agreement out if it finds it to be inadequate and not in the "best interest of the child". Any support agreement has to be submitted to the judge for his approval before it would be enforceable. The state has certain minimum amounts that are calculated using a formula that takes into account the respective incomes of both parents to determine a minimum amount.

But there is nothing that would prevent your wife from voluntarily returning the child support if she did not need it for the care of any children.

You can put in your personal financial info here to get an idea of what the court will determine to be the minimum amount:

If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.