SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense
18210975

On 11/26/2010, I received an Email from the FBI regarding me

On 11/26/2010, I received an Email from the FBI regarding me being involved in a Money Laundering Deal. First off, I did not think the FBI communicated with people by Email. They would either contact by Phone or by Official Letterhead. Second off...this Money Laundering thing they speak of, I know nothing about. It has caught me by surprise. There is a man on the PerfSpot Program that contacted me in writing that has cancer problems. He has asked that I redistribute some money for him but, I never answered him back. It seemed like a Scam to me so, did not want to get involved. I also had the same thing happen from a woman named Monica Ciara. She claimed it was an Inheritance and wanted me to be involved with her and share it. Here too, I felt it was a comeon so after a couiple od discussions, never spoke to her again. In short, I don't know what is going on here and Jail Time has been mentioned.
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 6 years ago.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.\

SoloLawyer :

This is definitely a scam. The two people who contacted you previously were also scammers. This is a typical modus operandi - they call you and "get you involved", and then scare you into sending them money by threatening jail time. You are correct: the FBI does not communicate through email in this manner. Erase the email addresses and ignore them.

JACUSTOMER-9jl2qdai- :

Great...Thanks.

SoloLawyer :

Is there anything else?

JACUSTOMER-9jl2qdai- :

No...I will erase everything address wise but will keep the document bodies just in case I would ever need them.

SoloLawyer :

Yes, do that.

SoloLawyer :

I wish you the best of luck! Don't forget to press ACCEPT if my Answer was helpful. If you need me to clarify my Answer or ask a follow up question, just ask! My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael

JACUSTOMER-9jl2qdai- :

Thanks again

SoloLawyer :

You're welcome, don't forget to press ACCEPT. ;)