How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Under Colorado Law, if a contract exists between 2 parties

Customer Question

Under Colorado Law, if a contract exists between 2 parties whereby Party A will pay Party B $5000 to research, report and make recommendations on a specific issue; and the report is required to meet specific conditions under Colorado Law (e.g. The standard for making recommendations in this case is the “Best Interest Standard” (CRS 14-10-127 CRS 14-10-124). Fundamental approaches to the assessment were adhered to as outlined in CRS 14-10-129 (2)(c).)

If Reporting Party B submits a report that is wholly inadequate according to Colorado State standands, is Part A still required to pay given the failure to perform?

Is there any case file precedence available?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged.

Was the Party B selected by the court and was the evaluation court ordered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, Party B is a Child Family Investigator (CFI) and was appointed by the court. However, the submitted report by Party B did not address any of the CRS conditions required ( e.g. zero percent addressed). This required a second CFI to be appointed to resolve the CRS issues.

I am refusing to pay the first CFI (Party B) from a "failure to perform" perspective; Party B is threatening collection agency action.

Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
That is what I thought but thanks for the fact that a second CFI had to be appointed. I agree with you but the question is whether you ended up using any of the report or not. In other words, did you pay the second CFI less. If so, you owe the first one the difference and could offer that as a settlement. If that does not work, the only way is to sue him in small claims court and let a judge decide.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This does not answer the question. The Second CFI wsa full price and did NOT rely on any of the first CFI was a completely clean slate. The issue is, the first CFI report, did not comply with any Colorado statuatory requirements.


I am not satisfied with the answer. I asked for a HIGHLY DETAILED RESPONSE.

Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer,


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed, practicing attorney and will help with your question


If a party is contracted to perform something pursuant to specifications, whether it is the other party's requirements, or the requirements of law, if that party does not perform pursuant to those requirements and such nonperformance makes his report unacceptable to the Court, and another individual must be paid to perform according to those specifications, then the first party who was engaged cannot be paid and such party cannot seek payment.




Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you


BONUS is always appreciated

That is the only way I get paid



Kindest Regards,




Don't forget to leave positive feedback!


JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions