LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

my husband and I are living apart, divorce not yet started,

my husband and I are living apart, divorce not yet started, do I have legal rights to half his income?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with family law litigation experience including spousal support cases. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. "my husband and I are living apart, divorce not yet started, do I have legal rights to half his income?" No. Unfortunately, the law does not make such an automatic provision. Receiving such monies would require securing a Temporary Order to Pay Maintenance. Clicking on the link provided will take you directly to the relevant instructions and forms.

3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I do hope that this matter gets resolved appropriately for you.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.