lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

I received papers today from the court in Oklahoma regardig

Customer Question

I received papers today from the court in Oklahoma regardig my dad. One of the papers said that my paternal grandmother did a warranty deed and gave my dad her house and the land that it sat on. It said to him, a married man, and to is HEIRS. 8 days later he put his wife's name on the warranty deed. 7 months later his wife signed over the land to him and his two sister's as a survivor deed, and who ever lived the longest takes all. my did has since passed away and my aunt claimed the land. Because the warranty did that my grandmother deeded to my dad said to him and his heirs, should my father had entered into a survivor ship without his children sighnng off?
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged.

deeded the land to my dad and HIS heirs.

That is standard language in a deed. According to the law of property that simply gave complete rights to your Dad. For it to have included anyone else it would have to be by specific name or class. Your Dad held ownership in fee simple which means that he had the right to sell or transfer the property. The deeds are valid, sorry.