How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 54710
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my mother made a will, my mother willed her house and property

This answer was rated:

my mother made a will, my mother willed her house and property to me. my mother passed away a few days ago. I have a sister that says she put her name on my mothers house 10 years ago so now her name is XXXXX XXXXX deed. Is the will my mother made still valid? I live in Southern California

Good evening. Your mother's will can only dictate what happens to property your mother owned at death. If she had already given all or a portion of the house away prior to death, then only the portion that she continued to own at her death will pass pursuant to the terms of the will.



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to know what kind of attorney do I need to help me with the will or can I use a paralegal?
You would use a probate and estate lawyer. But, your lawyer can have his/her legal assistant do most of the work to keep your expenses down.

Related Legal Questions