Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

Can you look up text messages that have been deleted and print

Can you look up text messages that have been deleted and print out a log of them within 24 hours?
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:

• Please provide more information as to what it is you are looking to accomplish here.

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have texted a person some stuff and deleted it and now my fiance got a lawyer and he said that he could hack into my cell phone account and print out text messages that i have deleted. I have talked to people at verizon and they said that to access my account( i am the account holder) the lawyer would have to have my permission to do so. And also that they don't save deleted text messages they just have the date and time sent. What i am asking is that is there any way possible that you as a laywer, could read these deleted messages that i have previously sent and recieved? That i should be worried about anything what so ever...?

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

Each provider is different so I can't speak specifically as to Verizon. However, I can certainly provide some direction.

Your fiance certainly has no legal ability to get your texts on her own, so that is not an issue.

As to the attorney, he would need to issue a subpoena for the records. With no pending litigation, it would be difficult for him to issue a subpoena. Additionally, most providers only save text messages for a brief period of time, typically 10 days. So, if the text messages in question are at least 10 days old, you should be in excellent shape.

As far as "hacking" into your cell, this can only be done by law enforcement and even that would require a warrant. Based on the facts as you've provided them, that is simply not going to happen in your situation. The attorney has no lawful ability to hack your cell phone. If he did so, the Bar Association would most likely consider that to be unethical behavior and could suspend his Bar license, meaning he would have no ability to practice law. As such, I would have no concern that the attorney might try to hack your phone.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, while I can most certainly appreciate your concern, the facts here seem unlikely to lead to your fiance having the ability to obtain your text messages.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph, Attorney
Experience: I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law