Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
635143

When the wife sleeps in another room with out permission,

When the wife sleeps in another room with out permission, and you are not having sex is that consider emotional abandonment
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 6 years ago.

Lawgirl :

What state are you in?

Customer:

Va.

Customer:

are you there

Lawgirl :

Is your questions for purposes of establishing a grounds for divorce?

Customer:

yes and no. It is my understanding that if one is not sleeping with there husband and not having sex is consider a roommate

Lawgirl :

The court would look at the intention of the parties to determine whether it was the intention of the parties to cut off the marital relationship.

Customer:

are you there?

Lawgirl :

Customer:

in lay mean terms please

Customer:

Is there such a thing of emotional abandonment?

Lawgirl :

Not legally. The court will look at whether either party intended to cut off the marriage by moving to a separate bedroom.The court looks at abandonment (whether one spouse left the marriage); however, the court does not try to guess at emotions. The court looks at each spouse's actions.

Customer:

I left the house, because of past issues with the law with her. didn't want to lose my job, due to domestic reasons. she stated to her lawyer that I abandon her. and we have property will that stop me from receiving money from the value of the house now

Lawgirl :

The lawyer will need to prove abandonment, if you can show you left for a legitimate reason, the court may not consider this abandonment. It should not stop you from receiving money from the value of the house; however, it depends on how the court views the facts of your case.

Customer:

typing

Customer:

she put 50 thousands dollars down on the house,but i fixed up and up graded the house with my own money. will that off set her 50 thousand

Lawgirl :

It very well could if you can prove how much money you spent in fixing up the home.

Customer:

more than 50 thousand im sure

Lawgirl :

Then that may prove a substantial off-set

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX nice day.

Lawgirl :

Best of luck to you!

Lawgirl :

Please remember to his "ACCEPT" if you found this helpful.