Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

how do i file a lien on a bank owned foreclosed property in

how do i file a lien on a bank owned foreclosed property in miami that i did work on back in february, & still have not been paid. when i performed the work the proerty was foreclosed by a bank called Accredited, now im being told that they went bankrupt & a new bank has taken over. I got the job through a real estate broker that still has the property as a listing. what can i do to ensure that i get paid for the work that i performed.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

This depends - what kind of work did you do?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
re keyed the property. And trashed out the property. both jobs were bid, & then the bank/broker approved the bid for work to be completed.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
According to Ch 713, the first thing you have to do is to fill out a mechanic's lien form, and you can find one here:http://www.flaconstruction.com/law/lienrights2.htmlhttp://www.nationallienlaw.com/Forms.asp?StateID=10You file it with the county clerk's office (the form will have the address). It is automatically active once you file it, although you have to send certified notice to the other side that you have done so. They can challenge it in court, or let is stay, in which case it will for one year, and you can file suit for it if they do not do anything within five years per §95.11(2)(b).

I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”