Justice4U
Justice4U, Attorney
Experience:  Broad base of legal experience.
16110456

I received a ***Citation*** (Civil Justice Court Suit, The

I received a ***Citation*** (Civil Justice Court Suit, The State of Texas) on 10/21/2010 with instructions to appear by filing a written answer to the plaintiff's petition. The plaintiff is Capital One Bank (USA), NA, for breach of contract.
I do not understand what is required of me. Can you help please?

Justice4U :

Hello

Justice4U :

I will be assisting you.

Justice4U :

It appears that a lender has filed a civil suit.

Justice4U :

It is vital that you see a local attorney quickly to answer the complaint.

Justice4U :

If you do not, the lender could obtain a default judgment.

Justice4U :

In Texas, garnishment will not occur for debts related to personal loans and if you own a home there is a good possibility it is protected by the state's homestead protection.

Justice4U :

Of course, the creditor can only attempt to force payment via such methods if a judgment is obtained prior.

Justice4U :

Answering a plaintiff's petition is not a simple matter and should not be undertaXXXXX XXXXXghtly.

Justice4U :

It is vital that you seek assistance.

Justice4U :

If you cannot afford an attorney, you should seek assistance via legal aid services.

Justice4U :

Legal aid provides legal representation at no cost.

Justice4U :

Would you like legal aid's contact information?

JACUSTOMER-b7fzs8va- :

Yes please and if I understand correctly from this legal language, I was supposed to have a written response to the court before 10:00 am today. It says "10:00 am of the Monday next after the expiration of the ten days after the date of service". The petition was delivered to me on 10/21/2010. Am I correct?

Justice4U :

There are various issues to consider including whether there was proper service. There is a strong likelihood that it may be late so you need to obtain legal representation quickly.

Justice4U :

Go to:

Justice4U :

Be sure to select a legal aid service in your county.

Justice4U :

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The information supplied is not legal advice. You may only obtain legal advice from a local attorney in your state. No attorney-client relationship is formed. I appreciate your use of this service.

Justice4U :

Thank you

JACUSTOMER-b7fzs8va- :

Thank you!