Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I filed for Deed an leu of foreclosure, in the middle of my

I filed for Deed an leu of foreclosure, in the middle of my transaction....they sold my loan to another loan company..resulting in flocloure of my home...what is the statue of liminations...and can I do something about this?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Good morning. The statute of limitations would not apply on this because the lender was not under any legal obligation to accept the deed in lieu of foreclosure. Plus, there are really no damages for you between the deed in lieu and the foreclosure, because California is a non-deficiency state and you have no liability for a deficiency...i.e., the difference between the amount owed and the foreclosure sale price.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Attorney
Experience: Attorney with 29 years of experience.