Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

My dog recently escaped my yard in Texas. It went into my neighbors

My dog recently escaped my yard in Texas. It went into my neighbor's yard, I went immediately to retrieve him, but my neighbor would not let me have him. I called the police so that I could get him back, was told to wait at my home and did so. In the mean time, my neighbor claims that my dog bit him, so he was taken to quarantine and I was given a ticket. I want to know if I should fight this ticket or not.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today. You could try to contest legally on basis that had he released your pet back this would not have happened. Practically that argument is not likely to get the ticket tossed so I would not contest it. I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Take care and happy holidays,