Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

How do I go about repossessing a horse in the stste of Was

How do I go about repossessing a horse in the stste of Washington?
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am sorry for your situation. You do not have to wait any time before going to small claims court. Unless your contract gives the lessor time after missing payment to make it up, the missing of even one payment is immediate major breach and grounds for small claims to recover the horse.

I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Again, I have one more quick question. When I go to pick up the horse, should I take law enforcement with me? I have never done this before and don't want to do it incorrectly. Thanks again
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Sure - Whose name is XXXXX XXXXX in, officially, did you transfer the name already?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I did not transfer the horse to her name,. I would only do that when she was paid off completely. The horse is in my name. Thanks
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Then you can take it back, indeed. What you'd do is call the non-emergency line, and ask for a 'officer standby' to come out with you if you expect a conflict. However, the police CAN refuse since it is not an emergency and would tell you to take it to the court - it's up to them. But the point is, you CAN simply take the horse back if the default is in place and the title is in your name.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much!
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Welcome :)