Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

How long doea a new car buyer have to rescind the deal in New

How long doea a new car buyer have to rescind the deal in New Jersey?

Thank you,

Rich Stamer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning Rich.....Unfortunately, the 3-day rescission right does apply to the purchase of a new car. As a result, you have no legal right to rescind. Whether or not you would be allowed to rescind is going to depend upon the grace of your dealership. I'm sorry!

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.