GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.

I had a house in Arkansas I purchased (in 2001) with money

I had a house in Arkansas I purchased (in 2001) with money I recieved from a car injury. Ihe injury was in Texas. I also lived in texas when I purchased the house. I also moved to Arkansas in 2001. I sold the house at a 1000.00 dollar loss in 2004. I moved to Missouri in 2003. Missouri says I owe them tax money from the sale of the house. I feel I was getting my money back from my car injury when I sold the house. Am I right or wrong? Do I owe Missouri tax money from the sale of the house?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 5 years ago.
the car injury had nothing to do with the sale of the house, besides the injury was in Texas and Not Missouri. You do owe Missouri I'm afraid.

I hope this clarifies the issues for you. Please click 'accept" so that I may receive credit. I am happy to answer your follow up questions at no extra cost. thanks and best regards.