Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

If i am cryopreserved at Alcor, http //www.alcor.org/, what

If i am cryopreserved at Alcor, http://www.alcor.org/, what are the ways my assets can be held for me until I am revived?
Thank you for your question.

The easiest option would be via trust, as anything else may end up dispersing your funds and having an issue later with their return. It would be wise to create a trust that is charitable in nature but has a clause that should you be revived, you take over the trust assets and at this point may choose to cancel the trust and withdraw your assets. The reason a charitable trust is a smarter solution is because that type of a trust has no expiration date, while a private trust tends to be based on last life defined in trust plus 21 years. As you will be frozen, you will be deemed legally dead and therefore your assets may end up having to be used up within 21 years and should you be revived later, you will no longer have assets to pursue.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 11/1/2010 at 9:21 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need your help to set up something, how much would it cost? How do I contact you?
You are most welcome!

However I cannot personally set anything up for you. My agreement with the site prevents me from soliciting or being solicited for service or active representation beyond my assistance on the site for anything directly related to what I was assisting you with. My apologies. You will need to retain a local attorney to assist you with this trust creation.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I looked up your resume. Very interesting. I hope you are hugely successful.
Thank you very very much. Same to you--I hope that your endeavor is successful and worthwhile!