RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I believe I have been swindled out of over $5,000 in a Gold

I believe I have been swindled out of over $5,000 in a Gold Investment with Superior Gold Group LLC, Santa Monica, Ca. Order placed on April 20, 2010 for precious metals. As of this date (10-31-10), delivery has not been made. Numerous phone calls and messages of inquiry have been left, but calls are not returned. Certified letters sent to Managing Member with cc: to Chief Technical Officer with no response.

Please advise.

Sophia Robinson
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

The company does in fact appear to be a scam, or at least very untrustworthy. There are 68 complaints against it with the BBB, mostly all from people who reported never getting their metals, or being told the order was pending. The Better Business Bureau gives them an "F" rating, their worst. You can see the information here. You can also file a claim with the BBB. I would also encourage you to report them to your state's attorney general office.

At this point, since you have made demand for your precious metals and/or return of your money with no response, you would have to sue them to see if you could get a judgment against. A defendant must be sued where the transaction in dispute took place, or where they operate from. Assuming you could get a judgment, it may be harder to then actually collect money from them as this company seems very good at ignoring customers and giving people the run around, unfortunately.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information, please click reply, and I will be happy to assist you further.

PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE. Please click on the ACCEPT BUTTON for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you-no payment for my time and effort is made until you click accept (even if you put down a deposit or have a subscription). A BONUS TIP is also appreciated. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Remember that the correct answer is not necessarily always the one you may want to read, but it is important that I give you the most legally correct answer for your situation based on the facts you have provided, so please be courteous when deciding whether to accept an answer and when leaving feedback.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney.

This information is limited in scope and is confined to the question asked and should not be relied upon to provide a comprehensive picture of any particular situation and you are strongly encouraged to seek counsel for further course of action, if applicable. In other words, this response is not intended nor shall it be construed as providing you with all the information that your legal questions/issues may require. If you do require legal advice and retention/hiring of an attorney, I encourage you to consult an attorney who is actively engaged in the practice of law in the area of law relevant to your legal questions/issues and who is admitted to the bar or lawyer licensing agency in your jurisdiction(s) or the jurisdiction(s) that has jurisdiction over your legal questions/issues. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.