Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

i work for a burglar alarm co. and the central station is sueing

i work for a burglar alarm co. and the central station is sueing me for some money due, i am not an officer and along with the sue is stated doing business as PST which doesnt exist, i asked them to submit a written contract that binds me to the lawsuit or a copy of any contract that binds it to the Co. i work for, can they sue me even thought i have not signed any contract. Central stations allways bind their customers with a monitoring agreement, i am not in any and they havent submitted any. What are the chances?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

The fact is that it may well be that you are not liable for what they are suing. Plaintiffs make mistakes sometimes; other times, it's just easier for them to sue everyone "just in case". Get an attorney to help with the responsive paperwork and make sure that you ask the court to order them to reimburse you for fees and costs.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can`t afford a lawyer, i will be representing myself, with the absence of any written contract, what are my chances of winning., I am good representing myself, haven`t lost a court case yet.

There is no way to responsibly make an estimate like that without being involved in the case or interviewing you to properly assess your legal sophistication. It's like asking a dermatologist "what are the odds that this mole is cancerous?" when he is not permitted to see the mole. I can see reason for optimism, but I am not about to reach a firm conclusion one way or the other. Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, i just want to know if they have a case, even thought they can not provide any written contract binding me to this case, thats all, last question and i will confirm. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a more clear answer. thanks/
It's possible but, based only on the information provided, not likely. I wish that I was in a position to give you more.