GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
46665915

My son was at a party on Friday night and was swinging a golf

Customer Question

My son was at a party on Friday night and was swinging a golf club and accidentally hit a girl in the face. No broken bones. Totally an accident. This girls mother (the girl is over 18) is claiming, on Facebook, that she has found out my sons name, parents names, and address and will file a civil suit against him tomorrow. Can she really do that?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

yes she can. even if it was an accident, it is considered negligence to swing a golf club in a place where a person can be hit, so i'm afraid she can sue...sorry but I have to tell you the honest truth.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can more understand that the person who was injured could do something........but not her mother. Really? This is a 19 yr old girl who walked up behind my son as he was swinging the club.
she probably means on facebook that her daughter is suing. so my answer was based on the daughter can sue. i'm sure if the mother is saying that she will probably push her daughter to sue. If the mother was caused psychological trauma, pain and suffering she would probably try to sue also...she would not have a strong case since she (the mother) was not there but this is america and everyone tries to sue about everything.