GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
46665915

How can I ask my friend help me with a slander. This same friends

How can I ask my friend help me with a slander. This same friends , sometimes repeated the slanderers allegation by telling to other people "The poor girl ...do you know what they say about her......." I know.. you can tell they are not your friend but unfortunately this is society
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

what do you mean to help you?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
to revers a totally false statement and let other people know that I vas slandered .Do you advice something ?

ok, so one person said something about you and a friend knows it is not true?

can you explain to me what actually happened?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is a little bit complicated but it concern the usual girl chat .
so only the person who said it and another person who heard it? it's really hard to give guidance if I cannot know the facts. I have no idea who you are if that is your concern. I'm just trying to help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
most importantly ....can you do anything , beside legal action to minimanilise her false statement .
no, you would have to take legal action and sue for defamation of character...slander. if the statement went to your chastity or business reputation it would be slander per se, which is a worse slander and entitles you to triple the damages of regular slander. through legal action you can get her to retract what she said but yes it will take legal action.

I hope this clarifies the issues for you. Please click 'accept" so that I may receive credit. I am happy to answer your follow up questions at no extra cost. thanks and best regards.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
she already retracted the lie but what she sad it is still circulating. What to do? It is hurting.
you can still sue her for the damage to your reputation, other than that you can't do anything ...the damage is done. all you can do is get compensated for the damage at this point.

I believe I have answered your questions. Please click 'accept" or I get no credit for doing so. I really am happy to answer your follow up questions at no extra cost. thanks and best regards.