Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Can a professionl counselor be sued for malpractice for an

Can a professionl counselor be sued for malpractice for an incorrect mental health report as part of my medical records?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

What exactly was his incorrect report? When was the report made? Would a reasonable counselor would have made a similar report?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Her report was re. harassment and bullying after i wrote a whistleblowing letter these abusers obtained about professors, and other people that abused me in jobs,etc. She wrote I was paranoid and psychotic. Not even close to the truth. But prevents me from being a credible person to sue the aforementioned for crimes against me that have occurred. Report last year. Not if they were honest. I am however suffering from ptsd from what they did to me.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Did you see other counselors who came to a different conclusion pertaining to your mental situation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, PTSD. at the same time from a licenced psychiatrist. But I also was "set up" 3 yrs. ago as "delusional" ONLY about the harassment at the college I was attending. I am not! But I could put alot of important community members in prison with my credibility restored!(How convenient) I was OBSTRUCTED by the aforementioned people from getting an attorney then. These people have MANY corrupt connections.
Thank you for your patience.

You can most definitely file suit against the counselor for both malpractice and even possibly defamation of character, as it appears that it is possible to claim that he intentionally may have put in untruths as a means of having others take the lies at face value. However, and I want this to be clear, while you very well may be able to sue, whether or not you can actually prevail is a different story. Just having one counselor post is not enough--you need additional information and other experts who can reasonably duplicate the PTSD condition and not the other conditions that you felt were put in place solely to block you from testifying.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 11/1/2010 at 3:41 AM EST