lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

I have been divorced for over eight years. I have not had

I have been divorced for over eight years. I have not had to pay alomony during this period. However, according to the divorce papers I have to pay $12 per year to keep the posibility open that my former wife may decide to collect at some point. What I want to know is, is there a statute-of-limitations for this problem. The divorce took place in Missouri.

Thank You,

Bill Vigna
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged.

This is often a clause placed in marital settlement agreements. Alimony is always modifiable based on a change in circumstances so if there is an award of alimony, not matter how small, it can be increased in the future if there is a showing of need. There is no statute of limitations. However, it your ex remarries or cohabitates you can file for a termination.