Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need help writing my Private Policy and Terms Of Service

Customer Question

I need help writing my Private Policy and Terms Of Service Agreement for my internet dating business.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.
Okay, shoot.

Note: I can give you some ideas, but I cannot draft a finished contract. You must do that yourself.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, what kind of ideas? Why can't you draft the contract if i pay you ? Why would i need to do it myself?
Because drafting a contract in this forum is practicing law, and I cannot practice law in this forum, because you and I do not have an attorney-client relationship, and we cannot form one, because it is prohibited by the website's terms of service.

Also, if I were to agree to an attorney-client relationship, I would become liable to you for malpractice, and I would have to raise my fees to cover my risk. So, unless you're looking to pay me a $5,000 retainer, then you'll have to play by my rules, or say farewell and hire an attorney the old fashioned way.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
$5,000 retainer fee just to write a a simple contract?
I'm not interested in your money. I come here to help people with relatively straightforward legal issues -- not to try to get clients or cases. I'm retired.

If you have a question, I'll be happy to try to help. If you need a comprehensive legal review or a contract draft, then this is not the right place and I am not the right lawyer for your needs.