GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
46665915

I suposed to have a judgment against me from 1969 which I donot

Customer Question

I suposed to have a judgment against me from 1969 which I donot know nothing about . I went to renew my license in new jersey and could not due to the judgment in pennasylvina.How do Iclear thi matter up
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

are you prepared to pay the judgment?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont know if its me or not. No Iam on retirement on limeted income what does this have to do with my license I have been renuneing them for 41years till a couple of days ago?
if you think it is not you then you are going to have to prove it. if it is you then unless you are prepared to hire an attorney to fight it you will have to pay it. I tend to agree that it is probably a mix up because you have been renewing your license all these years and I would argue they have waived their rights to now bring this up...not to mention a statute of limitation problem they would have. These are all legal arguments however and without a legal action in court you are in for an uphill battle if you cannot prove it is not you to their satisfaction. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Lisa
Is there a statue of limitation on judgments. And why does this have a affect on my license?

what kind of "judgment" was it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, isnot there a way to check my background check to see if there is anything about it there. I sent to PENNA for my driver information which would include any thing that is outstanding. I was told by PENNA that my license was suspended,but I dont have a PA license around 1970. My daugther was born in NJ in 1974. So I am really confused.
Please advise me.
Thank you,
Frank Waytland
i'm still waiting to hear what kind of judgment it is? if you did not have a PA license then most likely it is not you. why don't you ask them to provide you with the specifics and copies of the documents and then take it to an attorney for review. that would be my recommendation so you can get this cleared up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good Morring Lisa
When I get the doucument I will contact you. Thank you for your help so far

Frank Wayland
Great, I'm very curious to know what it is, then i can look up statute of limitations, etc and be of more help...I hate to guess or just give an answer just to say something...thanks for your patience..