Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

My husband and I live in Ky. We have been in the process of

Customer Question

My husband and I live in Ky. We have been in the process of adopting 2 boys. They have lived with us for 6 years and we have decided the marriage is a failure. If we file for divorce, will the adoption be revoked?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Was the adoption completed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's what I am unsure of. The attorney handling it, is my husbands best friend. He told me we had to be married or I had to be a widower. I can't get a definite answer out of either one of them
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
The divorce doesn't automatically cancel the adoption. If the adoption was complete it has no effect.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.