GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
46665915

Is there any recourse that we could take as we were scammed

Is there any recourse that we could take as we were scammed on craigslist by cashing a check for $4600 and wiring $4300 to "the moving company". The check came back after 10 days and the money was taken out of our account as the company had a closed account. The wired money of course was picked up the day it was wired. I figured that the email address that the person corrosponded with me would be shut down, however, he sent another email yesterday requesting more money be sent to the same address. Is there any one who can look into this for me?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

you can try the state attorney general's officer, consumer fraud division. you also want to go directly to the Internet crimes division of the police department. Finally, Craigslist itself would want to know about the fraud and may assist you also. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I am happy to answer your follow up question at no extra cost. Thanks and best regards.