INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

is there any way to make an appraiser file a claim against

is there any way to make an appraiser file a claim against his errors and ommisions insurance without hiring an attorney.both appraisers are on probation for my appraissal that they did for my home loan there were no permits done for the dwellings the appraised.they inflated value of home and house has to be torn down.this is done in calif.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Good evening

INFOLAWYER :

Normally it would be pursued using a lawyer on contingency fee basis

INFOLAWYER :

as this is not a simple conclusion to prove or press for settlement

INFOLAWYER :

One that would likely require time consuming review and expert use to prove the correct appraisal

INFOLAWYER :

The fact that they are on probation is helpful but not evidence on its own

INFOLAWYER :

Pressure from a lawyer may make them file such a claim

INFOLAWYER :

especially if litigation appears likely

INFOLAWYER :

You may also threaten to turn to a lawyer and see if that will suffice

INFOLAWYER :

The employer if contacted may also help

INFOLAWYER :

seeking to either settle or ensure insurance is on notice so it cannot disclaim coverage

INFOLAWYER :

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Take care and happy holidays,

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
INFOLAWYER :

Good evening

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

especially if litigation appears likely

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

The employer if contacted may also help

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

Take care and happy holidays,

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses