GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.

This was posted on line to a community which is totally untrue.

Customer Question

This was posted on line to a community which is totally untrue. 3 more statements paragraphs were made about our company to have us fired. Can this be brought to court rather then a letter. This is now spreading like a cancer and I do not want it to hurt our business reputation and possible loss of clients.

October 31, 2010 at 2:03 pm
June you are a bold faced liar…my daughters worked for you as lifeguards in which you charged them over $300 to be qualified. They were only paid minimum wage and left your company because Stu was always yelling at them and calling them in to work at the last minute when someone didn’t show up. Everyone loved them where ever they worked and it was their choice to quit because of the improper working conditions you put them through. Secondly when they went to get another lifeguard jib they were told your lifeguard license was bogus and they were not qualified to work as a lifeguard with out proper training. As far as the pools condition we had algae all summer long so obviously you cut back on chlorine in the hot sunny days. You hired an obnoxious Manager who did nothing but sit on her ass all day until Stu arrived then she fought with the community and bitched in our ear all day. So please don’t even try and explain what a great job you are doing because there are far better companies than The Pool Therapist to hire.
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 3 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

so you are saying that nothing this person is saying is true and she put this in a public forum?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What additional information do you need?
i guess you did not see the question I asked...I asked if nothing she said is true? that she posted it on a public forum?

the board is being crazy tonight for some reason, I don't know if you are seeing my communication???

I'm sorry about that...i needed to know if there was no truth to anything that was said? I'm online so I will reply to you as soon as I get your reply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing except that her daughters did work for us at another facility. They receive their schedules from the pool manager. Not Stuart. Stuart does not yell . He repairs things. They simply did not show up and probably told thier mother posting that they had to go into work.
ok, because truth is the only defense this person can have. You can file a lawsuit for defamation of character if these are lies. It's libel because they wrote it and published it. It's not just ordinary libel, it's libel per se because it goes to your business reputation and you would be entitled to triple the amount of damages that ordinary libel would award you. First of all you need to write a letter to remove the posting or you will sue, if that is enough for you that they remove it then you are finished, but i would think the damage to your business reputation would make you want to pursue this legally so they are punished for what has been done. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I am happy to answer your follow up question at no extra cost. Thanks and best regards.