Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Recently had my truck repossed the truck was in my name my

Customer Question

Recently had my truck repossed the truck was in my name my husband who was not named on the trucks titles boss got all the information on the truck with no permission from me he was there when i went to pick stuff up when went to get truck his wife and himself was given information about the trucks where abouts before i was,he did have some parts in the truck which i paid money forto get back for him. and he kept my husbands check and threatened him is this legal since my husbands name was not on the truck did him and his wife have a right to this information or is this a hippa violation is my question.
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.

It is not a violation of the HIPAA. HIPAA is for medical information only and in certain circumstances. If there was property that belonged to him he was entitled to the information. Additionally, all such information is public record for anyone to see.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, please accept my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck