INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

MY 84 YR OLD GRANDMA WAS KEPT SEDATED AND PLACED ON HOSPICE

Customer Question

MY 84 YR OLD GRANDMA WAS KEPT SEDATED AND PLACED ON HOSPICE CARE WHEN I GOT INVOLVED. HER HUSBAND LEFT HER W/ GRANDSON IN PLACE. WE HAVE FOUND VERY LITTLE PAPERWORK TO WORK WITH, BUT SINCE WE'VE TAKEN OVER HER CARES SHE NO LONGER REQUIRES HOSPICE, SHE IS ALERT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. PRIOR TO THE LAST 2 MONTHS EVERY AND ALL BUSINESS WAS IN HUSBANDS NAME. THEY HAD A JOINT ACCT. AT A CREDIT UNION. WE DID FIND A $106,000.00 LOAN THAT WAS TAKEN ON HER HOUSE, WHICH SHE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF. HER SOC. SEC. AND RETIEMENT GO DIRECT DEPOSIT TO THIS CREDIT UNION. SHE ATTEMPTED TO WITHDRAWL SOME MONEY AND WAS TOLD HER ACCT. WAS FROZE, SO I WENT WITH HER TO C.U. AND EVERT QUESTION I ASKED THE PRESIDENT OF THIS FACILITY WAS ANSWERED WITH "ASK THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FAMILY OR GET AN ATTOIRNEY." I MUST ADD THAT HER CHILDREN AND HUBBY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO HAVE HER DECLARED INCOMPETENT - AND I REPEAT AGAIN THAT SHE IS NOT INCOMPETENT. I HAVE CONTACTED OUR CRISIS CTR., AS THEY CONTINUALLY UPSET HER VERBALLY AND AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE BY HER DAUGHTER TO PUSH HER DOWN THE STAIRS. A RESTRAINING ORDER WAS SIGNED, AFTER APPROX. 2 MONTHS IT MUST HAVE FINALLY BEEN DELIVERED, AS THEY HAVE ORDERED GRANDMA BACK TO COURT ON MON. TO FIGHT IT. I HAVE ALSO CONTACTED ELDER ABUSE WHO ARE JUST BEGINNING TO GET INVOLVED, AS WELL AS SENIOR AND DISABLED. I DID CALL THE CITY POLICE, BUT AFTER 20 MIN. W/ THEM THEY REFERRED ME TO SHERIFF. I FEEL LIKE I'M GETTING THE RUN AROUND. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU XXXXX XXX-XXX-XXXX ([email protected])
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
I am answering another question and will be back with you shortly.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today. What can I answer for you about this situation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ALSO MY BROTHER IS HER POWER OF ATTORNEY, AND AT BEST I CAN SAY HE IS OF LITTLE ASSIST IN THESE MATTERS WHAT CAN I DO TO GET GRANDMA SAFE KEEP THE CHILDREN FROM HARRASSING HER, SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE THEM, AND APPARRENTLY HAS LITTLE IF ANY CONTACT IN PAST YEARS AS GRANDMA SAYS. ALSO HOW TO GET HER FINANCIAL PROBLEMS RESOLVED, SINCE THE CREDIT UNION IS UNHELPFUL. SHE JUST WANTS TO BE LEFT ALONE AND BE ABLE TO DIE IN HER OWN HOME. THE HUSBAND LEFT, AND THE CHILDREN WANT HER PLACED IN A HOME. THERE WAS ALREADY A PHYSICAL FIGHT BECAUSE GRANDMA GAVE A CLOCK TO ONE OF HER FRIENDS THAT ONE OF THE DAUGHTERS THOUGHT SHOULD BE HERS. THEY SHINE FLASHLIGHTS IN HER WINDOW AT NIGHT, SCARING THE ----- OUT OF HER. WE KNOW IT IS THE CHILDREN BUT UNLESS WE WAIT OUTDOORS TO GRAB THEM, EWE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT EITHER
Through a lawyer an application should be made to the court to void any power of attorney or guardianship in place over her that is causing her harm due to abuse of fiduciary position. If she needs a power of attorney or guardian then the court an appoint a different relative or someone else trained to do so and enjoin others from interfering or forcefully accessing her. see www.martindale.com

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Take care and happy holidays,

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses