Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

i am currently being sued by a credit card company and my jurisdiction

i am currently being sued by a credit card company and my jurisdiction is at the Van Nuys, CA superior court NW district. When i answered the summons (sucessfully) I also applied for a fee waiver. Long story short, I lost the hearing and the fee is due. It is due in 2 installments with one due tomorrow.(10/18/10) Neither myself nor my wife can appear at the court to pay the fee. We are working and taking a day off is NOT an option. What will the consequences be if I cannot appear in person? Can I pay it by mail?

Steinlaw :

Yes you can pay it by mail.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where can I get that information? Or, can I mail it to the court with a letter of explaination and the case number XXXXX other information included?