Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

is anyone experienced with insurance company complaint for

is anyone experienced with insurance company complaint for declaratory judgment?
I have a homeowner's policy, personal liability, personal umbrella with allstate and they have filed a complaint to pull out from defending me against a tenant's ongoing lawsuit. I am prose and currently need to answer their complaint. I have some questions
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
-What are your specific legal questions?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1. I wish to go prose in us district court.
2. My answer is due on 29th. I am going to deny, deny, deny,
3. I am pro se
4. Can you tell me what comes next after that?
5. More or less what I can expect to be in for.

Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Hire an attorney. Seriously. District Court on a declaratory relief action is no place for a pro se. First, if you lose, you will not be covered for the underlying lawsuit. Second, if you lose, they can come after you for what they already paid to defend you. Third, you need someone who understands insurance coverage issues. You are not going to be able to respond to these arguments, which require not only legal knowledge but also insurance knowledge.

You can expect the insurance company to throw everything at you, especially if you are pro se. I have seen insurance companies tell people they don't have to respond to court documents and then take defaults. You can expect them to attack your character and any tiny flaw in your documents.

Good luck.