Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
12106879

I enroll senior citizens in Medicare Advantage plans and have

I enroll senior citizens in Medicare Advantage plans and have a question on rules they put on agents.They do not allow agents to:
1-Cold Call potential clients
2-Go door to door
3-If selling a life policy and the client wants to enroll in a Medicare Advantage we must go back 48 hours later
4-and now CMS is using taxpayers dollars to advertise on TV telling Seniors to only show their Medicare card to their doctor. We have to see the card to enroll them in a Medicare Advantage plan per CMS???
My question is, Is there not some kind of "right" they are violating virtually making up laws to stop Medicare Advantage? Can a class action lawsuit be filed by insurance agents against CMS
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Regards,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still need an answer.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you. When the Expert replies, you will receive an email notification. If you find the answer helpful, please remember to click the green Accept button so the Expert is compensated for the answer.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,

Fran

Expert:  Steinlaw replied 4 years ago.
Just so I am clear: you are an agent and you want to see if there is a problem with what CMS is doing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 4 years ago.
It is smart to look into this.

Unfortunately, CMS is allowed to do this. The regulations for Medicare advantage plans are written by Medicare. They have the right to write them in any way that fairly interprets the law. There is a public comment period where they can be challenged. I can't find anything that shows that anyone challenged these. You could pull the Federal Register and look but I don't think you will find anything. Since they were not challenged, there is a presumption that they are fair. Therefore, you would almost certainly lose any challenge.

Sorry!
Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience: 8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney