Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
12106879

Received letter from law firm retained by State Farm Country

Received letter from law firm retained by State Farm Country Mutual Ins. Co. Son had fender bender with their insuree in my vehicle but was not covered under my insurance since he was in college and wasn't driving my vehicle before this offense. They are now requesting property damages of $1,787.20. He is not in the position to pay. Does we have any recourse?

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Regards,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

Who caused the accident? What happened in the accident?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>.</p><p>son ran into back of other car,both cars were moving in same direction, other car received about 1 inch dent on rear fender. Tried to claim on my insurance but since he was not listed driver they wouldn't pay. At the time I only had liaility. </p>
I am sorry you are going through this.

They will set up a payment plan with you since your son was at fault. Contact the attorney and ask to make arrangements for something you are sure you can afford every month. Generally, they will take payments over 24 or 36 months so you can probably get payments of $100 or so per month and there is no interest.

Good luck.
Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience: 8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will my insurance rates go up?
Yes. But if you exclude him and make him get his own policy, then your rates should not go up. (But he may have a hard time finding his own insurance.)