Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

I have what I guess would be a legal question. I lost contact

I have what I guess would be a legal question. I lost contact with a family that I became close with in the early 1990s, they lived out of state, but their son was in prison in Texas. I dont know if he is still there or not, but I recently decided that I would like to make contact with him. I only lost contact because time and life take over. I used to visit with him since the family lived so far away and keep them updated, and feeling better because he had a friend. I have his name, the last 3 prisons that I know he was in, and his sisters name if she hasnt changed it through marriage. Is there any way that I could find him?
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
-Do you know what court he was convicted in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank-you for your response. When I visited him the first time, it was in Oakdale, La, which is a federal prison. Then he was in Marksville, La. for a short time, then moved to Pampa, Texas. It seems a bit confusing, as Oakdale is federal, then Im pretty sure Pampa is state. I was kind of hoping that with his name, and the trail of places that I know he has been to, that I could accomplish this mission! I know that he was raised in New York, but spent quite a bit of time in Dallas. His middle name is XXXXX XXXXX unusual as well. I am willing to do what is needed to move on with this, I appreciate the assistance so much, thank-you, Erin
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I found the court records (list of charges) from Dallas and the birthdate. Any idea where to go from here? Thank-you again, Erin
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Good job tracking down that information.

With what you have, the easiest way now is to hire a private investigator and let the investigator track him down. It should only cost you about $200 to get the information and you will get the most current address, including whether he is incarcerated.

Good luck.