Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

How to get my car out of impound in Texas

If you have any unpaid tickets or unresolved legal matters related to the car being impounded, you'll have to clear those things up with the court first.

Once all fines and legal matters are resolved, you can get the car out of impound by simply paying the fees due. You'll also have to have proof of insurance before they'll release the vehicle.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The person driving the vechicle was cited for no license, no insurance, failure to pay taxes due state. She bought this vechicle 6 months ago, never changed the title into her name. Can the orginial owner show proof of ins, bring the registration up to date, or if I buy the car transfer title and provide insurance proof can I get the vechile out

If the original owner received payment for the vehicle, he/she doesn't own the property and should not do this. It could be considered fraud since the owner has transferred the proprety.

If you buy the car from the current owner, get insurance, etc., it is not likely that the car is going to be released until all of the issues are resolved and all holds released.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In regard to other issues and holds could you explain, if I take care of the registration, tags and ins issues doesn't that resolve everything related to the car. Or are you in reference to what the driver issues could be and the citations issued to her and charges filed against her

No, it doesn't resolve the issues because there are still outstanding fines/tickets related to the current owner of the car when it was impounded.

Until the driver's issues are resolved, you should not expect to get the car out of impound.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thank you for your assistance. The $38 deposit is that a one time charge once I accept answer or is it going to be a monthly charge.
The $38 is the value of this question, and that's all you'll be charged . Unless you sign up for a monthly subscription, you will not incur any additional charges.