RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

What does FL Admin. Code R FL Statute S, S414.31 mean

Customer Question

What does FL Admin. Code=R FL Statute=S, S414.31 mean?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

That's just the law that says a state agency will be set up to administer the Food Stamp Program as established by Congress. Here is the actual text:

414.31 State agency for administering federal food stamp program.—

(1) The department shall place into operation in each of the several counties of the state a food stamp program as authorized by the Congress of the United States. The department is designated as the state agency responsible for the administration and operation of such programs.

(2) The department shall provide for such instruction and counseling as will best assure that the recipients are able to provide a nutritionally adequate diet through the increased purchasing power received. This program shall be administered and operated in such a way that the distribution of food stamps shall be in locations reasonably accessible to those areas in which persons eligible for the benefit of this program are likely to be concentrated.

Have you been able to talk to anyone at DCF regarding your benefits? I used to actually qualify people for these same benefits in Florida (it's been a long time, over a decade) and it's a complicated system governed by a mess of federal laws and requirements. But it sounds like your benefits were stopped due to an increase in income when you started getting Social Security.

PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE. If you have additional questions, please click on REPLY (not "Re-list") and I will be happy to assist you further.Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT BUTTON for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you-no payment for my time and effort is made until you click accept (even if you put down a deposit or have a subscription). A BONUS TIP is also appreciated. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Remember that the correct answer is not necessarily always the one you may want to read, but it is important that I give you the most legally correct answer for your situation based on the facts you have provided, so please be courteous when deciding whether to accept an answer and when leaving feedback.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney.

This information is limited in scope and is confined to the question asked and should not be relied upon to provide a comprehensive picture of any particular situation and you are strongly encouraged to seek counsel for further course of action, if applicable. In other words, this response is not intended nor shall it be construed as providing you with all the information that your legal questions/issues may require. If you do require legal advice and retention/hiring of an attorney, I encourage you to consult an attorney who is actively engaged in the practice of law in the area of law relevant to your legal questions/issues and who is admitted to the bar or lawyer licensing agency in your jurisdiction(s) or the jurisdiction(s) that has jurisdiction over your legal questions/issues. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.