Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My son is living with his step-father. He is working at a

My son is living with his step-father. He is working at a low earning job on the night shift crew. His has his own car that he is making payments on and insurnace payments on. His step-father is threathening to throw him out by next Wednesday for no apparent reason. Said that he just needs to go. He is just trying to get back at me for divorcing him earlier this year. He has been this boys father since he was 12. Can he just throw him out after all this time after establishing residencency there? I need an answer or where to go to get a order of something against his father to let him stay there. My name is XXXXX XXXXX the deed of the house.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
22 years
If the child has been living in the residence then the step father cannot just put him out, he would need to give him a written notice of eviction and if your son did not leave then he would have to go to court and sue for eviction. If he tries to force him out without court order, this would be considered an unlawful eviction and you could get your son to a lawyer and sue to stop the eviction and for the unlawful eviction.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.