lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

I have a major state road construction project that has been

I have a major state road construction project that has been on going in front of my office all summer. They have not given me adequate safe access to the office parking lot and have blocked off the parking lot on several occasions. My patients have missed appointments or been late and we have had to cancel some of them. They have been parking all over the place. The trash trucks could not access the dumpster because their truck could not cross the inadequate drive access. In 2 months time, my production dropped $30,000 compared to the same 2 months the previous year. Do you think I am entitled to compensation for my losses from the state and if so, what kind of attorney do I need to look for?
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation for road construction in most cases. There is a legal claim called a public nuisance and that might possibly apply in your situation. You can apply to the state and see how they respond but it will cost you that much to sue them and the chances of recovery are slim. The state is protected by sovereign immunity.