lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

We have property that we would like to sell 1.33 acres. It

Customer Question

We have property that we would like to sell 1.33 acres. It is considered commercial property. We are having trouble selling it because the City of LaVernia built up the High School and parking lot behind our property. Now, everytime it rains it floods our property. The city attorney said that there was nothing we could do about it.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charge.

The city attorney is incorrect. You can file suit against the city and require them to install proper drainage structures and a retention pond so that your property is not burdened with the runoff. Naturally the city attorney is going to tell you that you cannot do anything. What else would you expect him to say? The problem is that you are going to have to hire an attorney and also an engineer at your expense.