LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

i need to provide proof that a telivision is mine. it is an

Customer Question

i need to provide proof that a telivision is mine. it is an older model and i thought i had the paperwork on it but i cant find it. I bought it used and cant get a hold place i got it. The judge is out for blood and since i told him i had the paperwork i dont want to give him any excuses. What cann i do or use to show a judge its my t.v. i got court in 4 hours and i was told the serial numbers were not copied down and it wasnt a serious investigation.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

Civil or criminal case?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

While you may not have the paperwork any more, the burden of proof in a criminal case is proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

You can show reasonable doubt just by bringing in a couple of "reputable witnesses" who can testify that you owned the TV for many months or years before being accused of stealing it.

I wish you the best this morning.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answers. Until then your payment is simply held on deposit. Subscription customers incur no additional charges by Accepting. So, please click the ACCEPT icon. Thanks again.