Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I made a bunch of charges through a game but their client crashed.

Customer Question

I made a bunch of charges through a game but their client crashed. I lost items i spent money on and they wont give me the items I lost in this back. Now that i know this service isn't what i want, because their policy isnt what they lead me to believe , can i dispute all the charges with my bank?

The client crashing happened before and they gave me the items back. I thought the service was great in handling it, so i bought more. When it happened again, they told me they wont give the items back. I lose money whenever the client crashes and this happens often. I did not know this when i originally made the purchases.

If I can, will you explain how i go about this?
Bank of America Debit Card is what i used
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I assume that you purchased virtual items for a game, and the game itself malfunctioned, having you lose all the items. Is that about right?

How much money have you spent on the game and when were your last charges?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thats correct.

charges that add up to $100 or more and withen the last 3 weeks.
Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can dispute it on grounds that you never received the service promised and allegedly provided. The best way to dispute is to contact bank of America directly, provide them with the exact charges that you wish to contest, and place them on dispute. B of A will send you a form to fill out -- here you will have to explain why you believe the charges are fraudulent and invalid. Send the form back and the bank will begin an investigation into your claim.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 10/1/2010 at 9:59 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.
You are most welcome. Good luck!