Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Prior tenants are suing for the return of their deposit plus

Customer Question

Prior tenants are suing for the return of their deposit plus 2x more. They filed in Sup. Ct for $15,000. I am in pro per and want to respond to there atty that I will not agree to non-binding arbitration but believe in my case and will go to trial. What form do I send to the court or atty to deny the offer of arbitration, also my change of address and my response to Request for admission?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I have reviewed the Self-Help Section that the California courts maintain, and the forms you are requesting do not exist--you will have to actually go to the law library, speak with the librarian and ask for assistance. What the law librarian can do is provide you with templates of existing filings which you can then modify for your use, but such specific forms do not exist.

I am sorry.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 10/1/2010 at 6:18 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
There are specific forms to answer the complaint, change my address and respond to the arbitration and respond to the requests for admission. He sent me to the Laww Library.
Thank you for your patience.

While you may not be happy with my answer, it is valid. California maintains both valid and "unofficial" forms that "pro per" clients can utilize. The "official" forms are located at the link below, and do not include the forms you are requesting. The remaining forms are located at the law library for you to utilize:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/forms/

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 10/1/2010 at 6:26 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I replied.
I am sorry, I do not see your reply. What is your follow-up question?