GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
46665915

When I apply for green card, is it okay to send a copy of my

When I apply for green card, is it okay to send a copy of my marriage license?? or should I send an original marriage license?? what is the certified copy?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

Your copy is a certified copy so you can make a copy of that and send it. NEVER send originals to them, they lose things but take originals with you to any interview. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. BE SURE TO REQUEST ME IN THE FUTURE AND TYPE "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks and best regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So it's okay to send a copy of the certified copy??
correct. that is what we do. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. BE SURE TO REQUEST ME IN THE FUTURE AND TYPE "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks and best regards.