Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

is it a contest of decease spouse will action that I need

Customer Question

Do I have to give up my 50% soul surviviorship to my deceased spouces' appointed independent exceutor inlaw due to not paying half of all rental properties that I made mistake of putting my deceased wife name on as joint owner? Even though I paid for all properties with cash, & because of spouces' name being included in on all deeds? Now a yr. later after spouces' death, & I am now to be remarried, & need to know how to salvage my 50% soul surviviorship from this negotiationing problem. My first past lawyer said I could keep all of my renter payments to me, so I did. But a yr. later of waiting it out, personally speaking, I get another lawyer to try to speed up the settling of the will process due to me learning that I'm dieing of pancreas cancer, & he said I had to pay all of my 50% to executor inlaw. His wordings were telling me that, just to avoide all rental houses be turned over to management collection/investorgationing of all my finances collected from date of spouce death until now, because of my not paying inlaw executor decease half of texas properties from the date of spouce death til now, that I should give up all my houses on texas side, to executor inlaw? Please also include location of section in law book, for the findings, for my own personak referrence.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

How much, approximately, are the assets worth? How much do you owe the executor if you would have paid the executor from the beginning?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is how much you owe, or how much it is worth?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

it's worth that amount.

Great, thank you for your follow-up.

How much, approximately, do you estimate you would owe them if you paid them for the period of time so designated?