LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I recently moved items out of storage and came to find my unit

I recently moved items out of storage and came to find my unit was covered in mold spores because of a leak. Unfortunately, I only had insurance for 2000 dollars and I estimate roughly 10k in damage. Some of the items held a lot of sentimental value as well. I'm very upset and feel I am entitled to much more than 2k. Is this worth pursuing?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma,

I'm afraid that if you are talking about suing the storage facility for your damages that you are wasting your time. There are carefully drafted disclaimers in your rental contract and short of you proving that the employees there deliberately soaked your items from a garden hose, you will lose in court. I'm sorry.

There is no use spending money and time litigating something that you can not win.

I wish you the best in your future.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so. I do work diligently to provide you with the correct Answer under the law, and because I have no control over what the law is, I ask you not to hold that against me.

It has been my pleasure to assist you, and it would be greatly appreciated if you would
click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having answered your Question. Thank you in advance. Best regards,

Doug