Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am being charged by BayAlarm for future charges for services

I am being charged by BayAlarm for future charges for services that I do not want or happy with? They claimed that I have a five year contract with them which I just found out with was written in small print. There was no installation done when the contract was signed but it states supposedly the five year contract is to recoup their cost. Is there a court or a way I can dispute this cost?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

If you signed an agreement, you're legally obligated to fulfill those terms - when you sign a contract, you are affirming that you have read, understand and agree to all terms in the contract. Small print or not, you're obligated to what you signed.

However, the other party is obligated as well, and if they are not providing the service you were promised, you can cancel the contract based on their failure to orovide the service.

If you refuse to pay, even under a claim of inadequate service, you should expect to be sued. If this occurs, you can counter-sue on these grounds.