How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30854
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe I have filmed in my home. I also believe these images

This answer was rated:

I believe I have filmed in my home. I also believe these images have made it onto the internet. Can I sue if I am being discriminated against because of what was in these images. Can I sue individuals that passed the location of these images on to others.
California has some of the toughest privacy laws in the country and even articulates a right to privacy in its states constitution. You can sue for invasion of privacy if you are recorded or videotaped in a place where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. That means that you could not sustain an action for pictures taken of you while standing in your front yard, but inside the house you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. You would be entitled to damages. You may also tack on an action for intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there anything I can do to those who display this same image or images on say blogs or personal web sites like, "My Space"? And also can I file a restraining order for others to display these images? I don't want to take up a bunch of your time and if this is another matter it's fine, but I would like to know.
Yes, you or your attorney can send a cease and desist letter to anyone publishing the unlawful images. If there is no response to the demand letter, you would need to get a restraining order.
Loren and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much.
You are very welcome.