Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My father died in june, 09 of Alzheimers, diagnosed in early

My father died in june, '09 of Alzheimers, diagnosed in early '07. In Dec, '07, his wife (my stepmother) had everything transferred to her name. Per her, he left nothing to his biological children which we find odd. Can we find out what was in the original will which was modified in 12-07? If he truly left nothing, can we challenge? Thank you.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
So did he leave all to her by will here or transfer while alive?It makes a difference.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe that it was transferred while alive, but diagnosed w/ Alzheimers.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Well then the will really is irrelevant.But there is no way to view will here unless she shows it to you.You could file a civil suit here ot try and set aside transfers here but honestly it would be tough to prevail this far after it occurred.You would have burden to show he didn't know what he was doing here.As long as you know it will be an uphill battle and you would need lawyer here and a retainer.This is the kind of thing a lawyer would want a $3k retainer to start.Unfortunately this is all too common when people get frail and others take advantage.