LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
7887522

Is it legal for a spouse to install an electronic tracking

Is it legal for a spouse to install an electronic tracking device on the other spouses vehicle? The vehicle is solely owned. State of Indiana.

Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you with legal information today.

No. The injured spouse would also have a civil claim for breach of privacy or some similar legal theory. Please just let me know if you have any more questions. If not, please don't forget to click on the green accept button in the answer box so that I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation for my time and it will charge you nothing further to press accept. Thanks so much.

Edited by LADYLAWYER on 10/1/2010 at 1:32 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for that answer. Can I ask another question? Is it legal to spy on your spouse through a hole in the wall of your residence and/or record them with video for any reason? Is that an invasion of privacy?

That could be considered voyeurism and he could be charged with a class D felony under the Indiana Code.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. It's a she that's doing it. Would there be any legal reason to do that?
No, and it doesn't matter if there was a legal reason. She is still breaking the law.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much!! You've been a great help.